Write your personal story and feel the freedom. The freedom to be yourself, empower your voice and write and speak your truth.
Your mission is to heal the world.
Through your work and through your book.
You have always wanted to write a book.
And now it has been on your to-do list – and you have been serious about it – for a few years.
But all you have so far are snippets here and there, on pieces of paper, in notes on your phone, on half a page in a Google Doc somewhere on your Google Drive (no idea where) and another half page in a Word document somewhere on your computer (again, no idea where).
Yet it is in your heart. You can feel it. It’s coming.
But then it’s not.
You are stuck.
I hear you.
The disappointment in yourself.
It is time to birth your book.
And I am your book doula.
Writing your personal story as you weave it into your book (whether it is a teaching memoir or the book about your programme or philosophy) is probably the hardest thing you will ever do.
No wonder it feels scary.
‘What if I can’t do it?’
‘What if I am not up to it?’
‘What if I give up half way through?’
‘What if I’m not cut out for this?’
‘I don’t want to “go there”. I don’t want to re-live this.’
Again, I hear you.
It’s all very, very common.
That’s why I have called myself a book doula and not just a writing coach or a book coach.
Because of my training in hypnotherapy, NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, aka ‘tapping’), IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) and Reiki (see here for what all these techniques and modalities are), I feel I am in a great position to help you through all the emotional ups and downs that writing a book implies.
You could spend YEARS writing or trying to write your book (how many years has it been already, truly?).
Or you could spend 9 months with me and I would do my utmost to ensure you have a book written and self-published by the end of our time together. (Of course, there are no guarantees, I can’t do the writing for you, but I would definitely encourage you, coax whole paragraphs out of you, and very importantly, help you heal those deep wounds so that you could carry on writing, right up to completion.)
I was born with a book in my hands, eagle eyes and an obsessive attention to detail.
Books have always been a part of my life.
Books have saved me many times.
Books are my LIFE.
I want YOUR book to save other people too, just as you do.
They need to hear your story and know they’re not alone.
They need to hear a powerful story that will help them heal.
Let’s do this together.
When in September 2018 I realised I could combine all my favourite things – reading, writing, editing, talking, sharing and mentoring – into one kind of therapy/coaching, I finally felt whole.
I could see how many women around me (online and in real life) had a book in them that would change lives, in particular for other women. I was totally lit up as I had this deep knowing that I could and wanted to help them, be by their side, coax their ideas out of them, hold space for them so that they could birth their ‘baby’, release their book into the world, in the same way that I had held space for and nurtured many women antenatally and in labour over the previous 6 years.
And so the concept of ‘Saveria the Book Doula’ and my Birth Your Book programme were born.
The book-writing process
I want you to know that I am very familiar with the creative and book-writing process, its ebb and flow, its ups and downs – not just through my clients but also because I live it day in day out, as I write myself (find out more about my books here).
I have been writing since I was around 8 years old. I am in the process of birthing my own books too (yes, several, because I write as I read – several books at a time!). It’s a long process because I can’t clone myself – I don’t have my own Book Doula! But I am getting there. My next book will be out in February 2021.
I am honoured and excited to be able to offer you many tools and techniques as I help you birth your book:
- providing endless ideas
- intuitive mentoring
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), aka ‘tapping’
- IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy)
- oracle cards
- doTERRA essential oils
As a clinical hypnotherapist and emotional freedom coach, I specialise in overwhelm, anxiety and stress issues and in helping women rise from traumatic experiences (including PTSD).
Understanding these parts of yourself and giving birth to your true self as you write your book, in particular your personal story in your teaching memoir (what I specialise in) can be challenging. I am here all the way, holding your hand and holding space, when others (or even yourself) can’t. The techniques I use are safe and offer quick, effective and long-term resolution of many emotions, feelings and traumas.
I am here to support you as you heal while writing, as you birth your book and as you help heal the world, so that you can live a life of creativity, serenity and freedom.
Author of Keep Calm and Birth On and owner of The Happy Birthing Company
Saveria is a guide, a coach, a mentor who helps people work things out for themselves in their own time. They don’t need a path to follow, they don’t need signs to tell them which way to go and what to think and what to do. They simply need Saveria to coax them along their own journey. She truly is an amazing book doula.
My superpowers and gifts are:
- releasing writing blocks (disguised as procrastination, reaching for the biscuit tin, asking yourself 'What's the point?', 'Who will read this anyway?' and telling yourself 'I'm not good enough' and 'My spelling is atrocious so no one will read my book anyway'...)
- letting go of so-called negative emotions, such as anxiety, stress, overwhelm and low mood
- releasing those emotions and feelings (even traumas) that live in your mind and in your body (using EFT or IEMT)
- brainstorming ideas with you (business names, course names and taglines, course structure, website structure, book titles and taglines, blog post ideas – anything where you feel trapped and need some quick-help-NOOWWWW!)
- championing you
- seeing possibilities in you that you can’t see yourself
- believing in you so much that you can’t help but believe in yourself too
- generally facilitating a process whereby you heal yourself and free yourself from your past and your negative emotions and feelings, to live a life of freedom, confidence and pride
I am not a magician (though some of the techniques I use certainly feel like magic – click here to find out more) – you will need to do some work during and between our sessions, but it will be soooo worth it.
If you have read this far, perhaps I am the book doula you have been searching for. Get in touch, I can’t wait to have a chat with you and see if we are a good fit for me to help you birth your bookGet in touch
Short bio and training
I qualified as a birth doula (professional birth companion) and postnatal doula (mum’s help) in 2011 (I trained with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers on their Paramana Doula course) and as a HypnoBirthing™ practitioner (the Marie Mongan Method) in 2012. In 2014, I became a HypnoMothering™ practitioner, an IEMT practitioner (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) and finally a Professional and Clinical Hypnotherapist and an EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming™) practitioner. In 2015, I retrained as a hypnobirthing instructor with The Wise Hippo Ltd.
As part of my continuing professional development (CPD) and my own personal development, I read a wide variety of books and articles and I regularly attend seminars, workshops, lectures and courses, whether online or face to face.
- Money Breakthrough Business Coach® (2020)
- Sacred Money Archetypes® (2019-2020)
- TRIBE online course (2019)
- Journey of Young Women online course (2018)
- Rebozo Online Course with Sophie Messager (2018)
- The Food Revolution Summit (2018)
- Self-publishing School online course (2017)
- Holy Fire Reiki I and II with Sophie Messager (2017)
- The Wise Hippo FUSS Free Format (2017)
- Sheila Granger’s Hypnosis for Hormones Programme (2017)
- The Doreen Virtue Certified Crystal Reader course (2017)
- The Sheila Granger Brain Training for Sugar Addiction Programme (2016)
- Closing the Bones (Ecuadorian abdominal massage, ceremony), with Sophie Messager (2016)
- The Mindfulness Summit (2015)
- The Sheila Granger Virtual Gastric Band Programme (2015)
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme and Prenatal Parenting Programme (2015)
- Hypnosis for IVF – Learn the Essentials (with the Fertile Body Method) (2015)
- Mindfulness meditation 8-week course (2014)
- The Tongue Tie Workshop – What, Why and How?, with Maddie McMahon (2014)
- The Rebozo Workshop – Wrapped in Love, with Stacia Smales Hill (2013)
- Oxytocin – Tapping the hormone of calm, love and healing, with Kerstin Uvnäs Moberg (2013)
- The Marie Mongan Method HypnoBirthing Practitioner Course (2012)
- Inspirational Birth Workshop, with Liz Nightingale (2011)
- Birth and postnatal doula training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers on their Paramana Doula course (2011)
My hypnotherapy and NLP training was with Thoughtitude. The courses are run by June O’Driscoll and Geoff Rolls, who are valuable members of the trainer assisting teams for Richard Bandler (co-creator of NLP) and for Paul McKenna.
My Diploma in Professional and Clinical Hypnotherapy is validated by the General Hypnotherapy Register and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (this means you can find my details on the GHR website and thus verify my qualifications) and I am licensed with the Society of NLP (founded by Richard Bandler). I am thus bound by the GHR and NLP Codes of Ethics.
I am fully insured with Arthur J. Gallagher/Royal & Sun Alliance for all the therapies I provide.
A bit more about me…
- I am French and have been living in the UK since 1995, in the Oxfordshire area since 2004.
- I also speak good Italian.
- Although I studied Spanish for longer than I studied Italian, it is a bit rusty.
- I did a BA in Politics and an MA in International Studies (and got a ‘Distinction’ for my dissertation about France and the Indochina War).
- Between 2000 and 2019, I was an editor and proofreader for British educational publishing companies (mainly humanities and languages), both in house (up to 2009) and freelance (2000-2019). I have worked for Scholastic, Hodder Education, Pearson, Oxford University Press and IB Tauris in various capacities.
- In 2018 and 2019, I also edited the books written by some of my clients. This is something I now longer do but there are editors and proofreaders I know and highly recommend.
- I am a keen hatha yoga practitioner and an assiduous meditator, and I love walking and cycling in nature. I believe I bring my experiences in these fields and activities into my interactions with clients – a kind, caring, attentive, mindful, stress-free, intuitive and fun attitude to life and people.
About the elephant
The elephant is my spirit animal.
I discovered this when I attended a workshop called ‘Introduction to Shamanism’ in February 2018.
I am SO honoured that the elephant is my spirit animal and have since realised she does feature a lot in my life already. On the tapestry in my studio, on my yoga-mat cover, on my meditation cushion, and even on my keyring and a candle holder that is in my living room
So she just had to feature on my website.
Then I discovered that she is all about strength, patience, wisdom, honour, stability and tenacity.
In the Hindu tradition, the elephant is found in the form of Ganesha, who is the god of luck, fortune and protection and is a blessing upon all new projects.
In Africa, many cultures revere the African elephant as a symbol of strength and power.
The elephant is also usually praised for its size, longevity, stamina, mental faculties, cooperative spirit and loyalty.
And of course, elephant herds are led by the oldest and largest female cow, the matriarch. She is usually the one who was the most closely related to the previous matriarch. The rest of the herd is made up of the matriarch’s other daughters and their calves.
So she is just perfect to represent book doulaing, my vision for my life’s work and the way that my clients and I work, separately and together. I knew I wanted my logo to have an elephant and my web designer Catherine Carr, from IndigoBird, came up with the most delightful ideas to incorporate the elephant into my main logo, as you can see it on this website, and in many of its variations (on my invoices, agreements and handouts).